This 200-acre park was a joint purchase by NY State, Suffolk County, and the Town of East Hampton. A passive use park, the land stretches from Ranch Road at Indian Field on the east to the Montauk Association houses (seven cottages deigned by the firm of McKim, Mead and White in the 1880’s) to the west. It is bordered on the north by Montauk Highway and extends southward to the Atlantic Ocean and the ocean beach. It is situated near other protected lands, such as Shadmoor, Montauk Point, and Camp Hero State Parks. Fifty-four acres of tidal and freshwater wetlands are interspersed throughout maritime shrublands. This natural topography is called “Montauk Moorlands”, and provides critical habitat to several rare and endangered species such as the northern harrier, the spotted turtle and the Cooper’s hawk, and hosts several species of spring migrating birds and other shore birds.